Monday: 8am – 11:30pm
Tuesday: 8am – 11:30pm
Wednesday: 8am – 12am
Thursday: 8am – 12am
Friday: 8am – 1am
Saturday: 8am – 1am
Sunday: 8am – 11.30pm
Join Us On Facebook
Reports & Notices
Warilla Bowls are proud to be in partnership with Warrigal and believes their support of older people and also how they are providing them with the opportunity to ‘be themselves’ through feeling connected, happy, respected and independent. Warrigal are also advocates of their customers and residents experiencing fun, freedom and fitness through community activities, clubs and meaningful relationships. Allowing both community organisations to engage with older people through social and recreational opportunities. http://www.warrigal.com.au/.
–VIP discounts at some great venues. Collect a local VIP directory for more details..
Also includes below discounts:
– 5% discount on fully self-contained Holiday Cabins
– Full access to Just Move Gym & Indoor Bowling Greens (charges apply)
– 10% discount at Red Sands Bar & Grill and Cowries Café
– Free coaching with our World-Class bowls coaches
– Courtesy bus available
- Show their membership card to the receptionist every time they enter the club.
- Members may sign in any number of guests.
- Visitors, who live within a 5km radius of the club, must be signed in by a member.
- Visitors, who live more than 5km from the club, must produce photograph identification such as drivers license, birthcard or passport.
- Members only after 9.30pm.
- Acceptable identification is required for membership applications to be accepted.
- Membership forms are available from Club reception.
- Warilla Bowls supports the responsible service of alcohol
Our courtesy bus runs 7 days a week from 4pm. It picks up patrons and drops them home again within surrounding suburbs of the Club.
A map is available at reception.
To book the bus to pick you up, please ring the Club on 02 4295 9595 or if you are already at the Club you can get a ticket 30 minutes before the bus is scheduled to leave the Club. The bus is called over the PA 5 minutes prior to departure.
– Southern suburbs include Barrack Heights, Barrack Point, Shellharbour Village, Flinders, Shell Cove and Blackbutt
– Last bus of the day runs both north and south drop-off only.
– Children 7 years and over are permitted to travel on the Courtesy Bus whilst accompanied by a parent or guardian.
– Whilst every attempt will be made to satisfy the requests of patrons, under no circumstances will anyone who is intoxicated be allowed to travel on our Courtesy Bus. Customer Service staff and drivers are within their rights under Responsible Service of Alcohol Legislation to refuse this service. Any decision of refusal is final.
Warilla Bowls & Recreation Club are committed to providing its members and guests with a high standard of facilities and services. The Club expects all members and guests to dress in appropriate manner at all times when attending the Club premises. The following guidelines outline items of footwear and clothing which are unacceptable in the Club at any time:
– Bare Feet and/or Swimwear
– Headwear including hoodies (males) – except for medical or cultural reasons
– Shirts with obscene or offensive language
– Dirty or damaged clothing
– Males no singlets
– Gang ‘colours’ unacceptable at any time
Interpretation of the Club dress rules will be at the discretion of Club Management and you may be asked to leave Club premises if your clothing does not conform to the Club’s dress rules. If you are unhappy with a Duty Manager’s decision in regard to Club dress rules, please contact the Club’s Operations Manager Daniel Morris during office hours, who will be only too pleased to discuss the matter further.
Sustainability at Warilla Bowls & Recreation Club
Warilla Bowls & Recreation Club recognises that it has a responsibility in the community to lead by example and fulfil a role of raising awareness and educating staff, members and the community about the benefits and rewards of operating sustainably.
Sustainability translates into a charter to reduce the ecological footprint of the Club, meet community expectations and to effectively reduce the bottom line in the process.
What is the Club doing to address sustainability?
The Club has put in place a range of systems to ensure that sustainability is being addressed and reviewed within the Club as well as undertaken initiatives to improve sustainability performance. These include:
– A Staff Sustainability Team with key representation from all areas of the Club, that meets regularly to oversee and ensure the delivery of sustainability projects and initiatives.
– The development of a Sustainability Action Plan incorporating opportunities to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and engage staff, members and the community in the process of sustainability.
– Maintenance of a Resource Consumption Monitoring System, which collects consumption data and allows the Club to view improvements and outcomes. This has also included the installation of sub-metering to isolate areas of consumption within the Club
– Installation of water tanks
– Chilli mixture used by greens keeper instead of chemical pesticides
– The Club recognises that sustainability involves continual improvement and is currently working upon the following initiatives.
– The Sustainability Matters Project, as supported by the NSW Government’s Climate Change Fund, will reduce energy consumption by approximately 7%, through the installation of energy efficient lighting, and result in water savings of approximately 9% by retrofitting water intensive woks within the Club’s Red Sands Bar & Grill with waterless woks.
– Incorporating sustainability principles into the staff induction process
– Undertaking a sustainability opportunities review of the Warilla Bowls Holiday Cabins
How can you contribute to the Club’s sustainability?
The Club is interested in receiving your feedback upon the initiatives being undertaken and invites you to provide ideas on how you believe the Club can address sustainability in the future. Please send you comments to … email@example.com
Warilla Bowls and Recreation Club is committed to the local community and supports more than 50 local sporting groups, schools and charities every year, with donations totalling over $200,000.
The ClubGRANTS scheme is designed to ensure that larger registered clubs in NSW contribute to the provision of front-line services to their local communities and provide much-needed support to community groups.
Under this scheme, there are two categories in which community organisations can apply for grants:
Category 1 Applications open in March 2016 and will close 5.00pm late April 2016 (dates to be confirmed). Applicants are encouraged to apply online using the new online Smartygrants system which can be viewed here on below link at Clubs NSW:
Category 2 This category covers expenditure on other community development and support services. Under this category, traditional areas of club expenditure such as support for sport and recreation groups are offered financial assistance.
CORRIMAL SLSC (SURF BOAT)
ILLAWARRA DISTRICT DARTS ASSOC
ILLAWARRA ZONE 16 BOWLS ASSOC
KEMBLAWARRA FOOTBALL CLUB
LAKE ILLAWARRA STH CRICKET CLUB
NEONATAL UNIT WOLLONGONG (SURF BOAT)
SHELL JNR SOCCER SWANS CHURCH
SHELLHARBOUR BOWLS SOCIAL GOLF
SHELLHARBOUR CITY COUNCIL
SHELLHARBOUR CITY CRICKET CLUB
SHELLHARBOUR CITY RLFC
SHELLHARBOUR FESTIVAL OF SPORT
SHELLHARBOUR FISHING CLUB
SHELLHARBOUR KIAMA CAMERA CLUB
SHELLHARBOUR SHARKS JNR RLFC
SHELLHARBOUR SURF LIFE SAVING CLUB
SHELLHARBOUR TOUCH FOOTBALL
SHELLHARBOUR VIEW CLUB
SHELLHARBOUR WOMENS BOWLS CLUB
SOUTH COAST CRICKET
SOUTH COAST GROUP 7 JNR RUGBY LEAGUE
SOUTHERN CHILDREN’S CARE
ST JOSEPHS CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
STELLA MARIS PRIMARY SCHOOL
SURF BOAT SERIES
THE DENNY FOUNDATION
WARILLA DARTS CLUB
WARILLA HIGH SCHOOL
WARILLA LAKE SOUTH SNR RLFC
WARILLA NORTH PUBLIC SCHOOL
WARILLA PENSIONERS CLUB
WARILLA WOMENS BOWLING CLUB
ILLAWARRA ACADEMY OF SPORT
CANCER PATIENT SUPPORT GROUP
HOMESTEAD OF HOPE
WARILLA JNR FOOTBALL
SHELLHARBOUR SUNS AFL
OAK FLATS BOWLING CLUB
NSWWBA INDOOR SINGLES 2012
ROYAL NSW BOWLING ASSOC
LAKE ILLAWARRA PCYC
DV8 MALIBU RIDERS
WOLLONGONG AERIAL PATROL
MOTOR NEURONE FOUNDATION
WARILLA SURF LIFE SAVING CLUB
SHELLHARBOUR SURF LIFE SAVING CLUB
WARILLA SOCIAL WINE CLUB
PORT KEMBLA GOLF CLUB
WARILLA HIGH SCHOOL
SHELLHARBOUR CITY TOUCH
MEN OF LEAGUE
SHELLHARBOUR MENS BOWLING CLUB
KINGSWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
SOUTH COAST GROUP 7 RUGBY LEAGUE
SHELLHARBOUR CITY RLFC
NSWWBA CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
WARILLA BARRACK PT SLSC
WARILLA NEIGHBOUR CENTRE
SHELLHARBOUR MENS SHED
Warilla Bowls & Recreation Club Ltd
Jason Ave, Barrack Heights, NSW, 2528
PO Box 84, Warilla, NSW, 2528
Phone: 02 4295 9595 / Fax: 02 4297 1927
Red Sands Bar & Grill Phone: 02 4295 9595
Just Move Gym Phone: 02 4297 0971
Travelbug Phone: 02 4297 3300
Cabins Phone: 02 4295 9554
Phillip Kipp, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Morris, Operations Manager: email@example.com
Adam Southwell, Excective Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administration Office/General Enquiries: email@example.com
Tracey Harty, Function Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cabins Office, email@example.com
Jeremy Henry, Bowls Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Girardot, Finance Manager email@example.com
Noelene Toole, Gaming Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Bailey, Beverage Manager: email@example.com
Michael Carrall, TAB/ Keno & Entertainment Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Danny Robinson, Duty Manager: email@example.com
Matthew McKeirnan, Duty Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Pogson, Head Greenkeeper: email@example.com